Sunday, October 2, 2011

Knitting Fail :(

I have been working on some fingerless mitts for me for the last month. I saw this pattern a while ago & instantly fell in love with it! The rating wasn't too difficult & I went shopping for the yarn when I went to Colorado back in July. This was my first project for me & I was so excited to get started. Now I've finished them and I'm so disappointed. I made so many mistakes, the gloves aren't even the same size. I hated the cabled part of the pattern so I went with a pattern out of my stitch dictionary that looked similar for the second mitt. I am happy with how that part turned out. It was much faster & my language while knitting that part on the second glove was much better! lol But the first dpn project was a little too ambitious I think. There are lots of ladders & I didn't keep my place very well so you can tell where I've skipped a step. I don't think it's too obvious from far away but when you look at them close you can definately tell. Maybe I'll keep them as a lesson learned. But that would mean weaving in all these ends! Did I mention they are 2 different colors and there were lots of color changes?

No comments: