Saturday, April 2, 2011

Something to aspire to

On this 6th day of Knit & Crochet Blog week we are asked if there's a pattern or technique that we hope to tackle. Well I have a lot of things I want to learn to do still, since I'm a newer knitter there's a lot that facinates me & lots of things I want to make. I think at the rate I'm going right now I'm hoping to knit fast enough to get all the projects on my list done in time. I always seem to bite off more than I can chew in life & knitting is no different. But the challenge is what keeps me going. I have several patterns for fingerless gloves that I keep adding to my ravelry queue but they all are done on dpns, something I have not figured out yet. I think once I get those down though, sock knitting will probably capture my attention for a while. And I also want to learn how to crochet as well. Who says you can't know how to do both? Maybe what I'm needing to learn more than anything is patience, patience to take one project or technique at a time. I'm like a kid in a candy store wanting to try a little bit of everything! Did I mention I also want to learn about spinning & dyeing & such? :)



This is a photo by Sharon Dreifuss,or SheKnits, this is one of her patterns on Ravelry & the one I can't wait to try when I get brave enough to learn dpns.

2 comments:

JelliDonut said...

Check out youtube for dpn knitting videos. There must be a million knitting videos on every knitting technique you can dream of. Fantastic!

serenewaves said...

I will, thank you!