Sunday, April 3, 2011

Time to Knit

For our final day in the knit & crochet blog week we are asked to talk about our crafting time.

About 9pm, the house is quiet, I'm in my recliner kicked back with my knitting in my lap. There's usually a beverage on the side table and maybe some secret stash of candy or something sweet nearby too. I've got the tv on but I'm not really watching it, I need to focus on my stitches. You can almost guarantee that my chihuahua is laying up here too and maybe even my cat, Eli. He knows to stay on the footrest as he gets kicked off if he sits too close to the yarn that he can't help but play with it. I will occasionally knit on saturday or sunday afternoons depending on what else is going on with our busy schedule. There's a group of us girls that will try to get together when we can at our local starbucks or one of our homes for some knitting. I've tried to knit while in the car but I get carsick. If I think I'll be sitting for a while like at an appointment or during the kids' football games I'll bring along a knitting project. If only I could knit while I'm at work . . .

3 comments:

JelliDonut said...

I see I'm not the only one who has sweets near my knitting! Sorry you get carsick while knitting. I only knit simple things in the car, stuff I don't have to continually look at. Maybe that's the secret.

serenewaves said...

I have a major sweet tooth :) Maybe not looking at it is the secret, I may try that next road trip!

Anonymous said...

Aww sorry you get carsick. I love to have really sweet coffee near me when I knit to satisfy my sweet tooth while I knit XD