Tuesday, March 29, 2011

An Inspirational Pattern

A pattern or technique I aspire to, well there are lots of them actually! I'm still learning in this craft & like that there are lots of things on my to do list. A big one that I'm planning to learn this year is how to knit on dpns or double pointed needles. It seems so complicated & tricky but everyone I talk to says it's very easy once you get the hang of it. So far everything that I've tried has come fairly easy and I just have to stop thinking of how complicated it looks & just take one step at a time. I have a facination with fingerless gloves & most of them are knit on dpns. I have a pattern in my ravelry queue for Owlings Mitts that are so adorable, I also have another pattern for fingerless gloves in my queue that I'm anxious to knit. It's easy to keep adding things to my queue & there's just not enought time in the day to knit what I want!

I also want to learn how to do amigurumi toys. They are so cute & there are so many different patterns out there. You can make them big enough for a regular sized stuffed toy, can make a mobile for a baby's room, you can make toys for dogs & cats and donate them to shelters. There are so many uses for the toys and so many different patterns that get my creative juices flowing & I want to jump right in! I have a crocheted baby doll that my great grandmother made a long time ago. She made 2 of them, and I think both my grandmother & my mother have played with them. Now I have one & my sister has one. They are great heirlooms that we both have to continue to pass down to our kids & grandkids. I don't think there's anything better than that. I want to make heirlooms that my kids can continue to pass down. I didn't know my great grandmother very well but I think I have an idea as to what kind of mother, grandmother & great grandmother she was with these toys that I continue to hang onto.

No comments: