Thursday, March 31, 2011

Where are they now?

Last summer during the gulf oil spill I got word of a charity asking knitters to knit up some wash cloths and send in to be used to wash oil off of wildlife in need. I am a biology major with an emphasis on marine biology so this was something I was very excited to help out with. I immediately got to work and knit wash cloths all summer & sent them in with a couple bottles of Dawn dish soap. I saw many pictures of oil covered pelicans, seals, sea turtles & other wildlife as I followed the news during this time. I'm hoping my wash cloths & dawn dish soap brought life back to some of these poor creatures, helpless to the destruction that humans caused. And it felt great to be able to help out from my small town in Missouri since I was too far away to physically be there to help.

No comments: