Sunday, March 27, 2011

Knitting Anniversary

Well it's been a year since I started knitting, I have to say I've come a long way in a year! My fingers aren't so clumsy with the yarn & knitting needles. I've learned a lot about knitting tools & different fibers & yarn, and I've come to know that I have a serious yarn addiction! I only allow myself to buy what will fit in my knitting cabinet so there's at least some limit set in place. I have knit with different types of needles and found that I like the wood needles over the acrylic/plastic types & the nickel ones. I have completed several projects & frogged a few too, all part of the learning process. I am very proud of how far I've come in the past year being a self taught knitter (with the help of a friend & knitting videos) and I'm very excited to see how far I'll come in the next year. I hope to complete more projects and also learn to knit in the round on circular needles & double pointed needles or dpns. I'm very active on ravelry.com and am participating in my first knitting swap! It is a great hobby that has given me confidence, something productive & relaxing to do, it is something I can do for myself or for others, and it's something I can talk with my mother & grandmother about (both active crocheters) Here are a few projects from my first year knitting :)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the wrist warmer. I'd be to afraid to try that in my first year. I am in my first year of knitting. I've been knitting since September XD

serenewaves said...

Thank you! It really wasn't all that difficult, it was knitted flat & then seamed up the side. I just tell myself to take one row at a time and then it's not so bad. If I get stuck, I go to youtube or ravelry for help! But again I focus on one row at a time. Happy Knitting!